Greetings, folks. It's been a long time since I posted. Life has been very full, very busy, and very tiring, and I've had little time or energy to do much except for working, getting to work, traveling for work, cleaning the house, and trying to eke out as much time with my husband as possible, what with us working opposite schedules. We'll have two heavenly days together starting this evening, yay! Then, he goes out of state for training from Sunday through Saturday. Boo.
My terrors regarding work hours have eased. I worked hard to establish a good reputation with the other departments, and it is paying off in spades. I have had the chance to work in several different areas, on several different projects within those areas, and everyone seems pleased to call me back when they need extra help. This is adding up to a healthy work schedule. I'm having a lot of fun at work, as well as receiving a nice paycheck, and I can't ask for much more than that.
The house is still lingering on the market. Apparently, the people who are currently searching for houses are either looking for cheaper ones (by 40k or so), or the much, much more expensive homes. Ours is the only one in a no-man-land of pricing, and while everyone who sees it tends to extol its virtues, we haven't had an offer yet. As summer prematurely rears its ugly head and the grasses on our 1.2 acres go dormant and turn brown, I am dismayed that no one snapped up the house while everything was green and pretty. I am loathe to water a lawn that would ultimately create more work for us when hubby is out of the house 11 hours a day for 10-day stretches, and I commute 50 minutes to work and am often out of town for several days at a time. I think we'll break out the weed whacker, cut it all down, and allow it to look dry, yet shorn, instead of wild, green, and high-maintenance.
In addition to these things, I have begun to delve into some very interesting websites and blogs that deal with faith, upbringing, and patriarchal philosophies. Much has come to light. Journeys of self-discovery can be challenging, but ultimately worthwhile.
I hope to post more regularly, but no guarantees. I hope everyone out there is doing well.
No comments:
Post a Comment