Saturday, April 13, 2013

Rude Dogs

At a certain point in my life, I realized that I love to be able to relax without excessive noise and chaos.  I like to be in situations where things have their place and people and animals behave themselves with decent manners. 

Of course, this leads me to talk about things that are not so mannerly. 

I absolutely hate being around dogs that have no manners.  It's almost as bad as being around kids with no manners.  Over the last few days, I was in the same general area as a very aggressive dog that continually growled at other dogs and people, begged, and even had the audacity to rear up and put its disgusting dog feet on me when I was trying to eat.  I growled a "No" at it, and it didn't do that again.  The owner spoke fondly and proudly of this mutt and only bothered to offer correction when it was on the verge of picking a fight with another dog.  He let it wander off-leash, and it strutted around harassing the leashed or elderly dogs in the area. 

Rambunctious children are a separate issue because people can't always leave them elsewhere, and kids can have bad days.  While I don't enjoy listening to a fit, I can sympathize with the parent.  On the other hand, it is inexcusable for a dog owner to allow their dog to be a nuisance.  Dogs don't have to go everywhere with you, and just because you find their behavior charming doesn't mean that everyone else shares your opinion.  If I am eating a meal, I want to enjoy my food in peace, without your dog staring intently at me. 

That would qualify as a main Pet Peeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment