Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Restless

More showings, but no offers on the house.

I fidget.

We've shown pictures to people, and all of them are impressed at the size and quality of the house.  They agree that it's a great deal.  Yet, no one has stepped forward with an offer.  I could just scream. 

In the meantime, I have plenty of time to imagine What If.  This last week, I was in the desert for five days.  Normally, I'm not a huge fan of the desert, but something amazing happened.  My allergies disappeared.  The only time I started sneezing was when I had to drive a vehicle from home.  It was astonishing.  I began to wonder how it would be to live like that all of the time, in a place with fresh, clean air.  California has its perks, but fresh air isn't usually one of them, especially if you live in any sort of valley.  I've suffered from seasonal allergies and irritation from the smog for as long as I can remember, but for a brief time, I had relief.  It made me wonder how it would be if I could be like that all of the time.  It sent me on a search for real estate, and I began to dream.  Some of the houses in the search were within our price range.  The people are undoubtedly nicer, regardless of where I look.  Our area is notorious for crime, violence, and all sorts of problems.  It would be so nice to get away from all that.

In all honesty, it probably won't happen.  I've been down this road before, and it always leads to frustration.  It's always an issue of practicality, and there simply isn't the means to make a move like that.  Reluctantly, I admit that it is not yet time, and the time may never come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment