Saturday, November 24, 2012

Bafflingly Emotional Responses

In the course of my internet wanderings, I have discovered that there is a certain type of person that surfaces and posts on videos, songs, or posts of any sort that are even remotely sad.  Their posts sound like this - and this is a direct quote- "I am crying too much. I did not that he he needed help. I would have taken him. I am so sorry."  This particular post has to do with an animal that was euthanized after all options were exhausted and there was truly no hope.  It was an unfortunate situation, and I can see why someone would feel sad, even though it was not their animal.  On the other hand, this is a bit too much.  This person was grief-stricken beyond all normal guidelines of grammar and common sense by the unavoidable demise of an animal that they had never met. 

This is not an unusual occurrence.  These posts are extremely easy to find, and they lead me to wonder how these people function on a daily basis.  How do they react when they see roadkill?  Do they have to pull over because they can't see through their veil of tears?  Too bad there's no market for professional mourners these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment