Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another BLM internet adoption post

The BLM internet adoptions are like an art gallery and a reality tv series, all rolled into one.  All of the mustangs are good-looking, and some are downright beautiful, and there is a constant rotation of new characters.  The constant question is, which ones will get adopted?  Which ones will go begging?  It's a fascinating process.  

It's always interesting to see which ones attract bids.  The flashy ones almost always attract bids, as well as the exceptionally well-conformed ones.  However, some of the most amusing ones are outstanding for a different reason.


For example, observe the yearling above.  She is so adorably round and chunky.  She is not elegant by any stretch, but she looks like she'd work nicely as a ranch horse.  She also looks like she could be a comfortable ride, in the way a nice, plush sofa is comfortable.  I wouldn't want her type for myself, but I can definitely see why someone wants her.

There was a previous adoption that featured a very long grey mare with a huge butt, and she attracted a flurry of bidding.  She was built long and low, and her huge rear end looked undeniably powerful.  Once again, she was not the epitome of grace and elegance in the style of the more Spanish-influenced mustangs, but it was obvious that she was purpose-built.  I wish I'd saved a picture of her.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you wouldn't want her, because I already claimed her - she ousted out the flashy chestnut roan (well, flashy and round) for my #2 horse.

    I posted on The Bean's Facebook page on the 9th, trying to convince him that he'd won a genuine Oregon historical artifact - a 1 horsepower Mustang, complete with organic compost/manure maker, and all we had to do was pay the $125 in shipping and handling!

    He ignored me.

    Again.

    He has a habit of doing that.

    ReplyDelete