Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wardrobe Malfunction

I was out on a boat last night on a work assignment, and it was glorious.  I stood near the bow, relishing the cool breeze as we skipped along the calm surface of the lake.  It's been over 100 degrees around here lately, and the chance to go to a higher elevation into the cooler temperatures was a welcome relief.  I extended an arm and grasped the guardrail, enjoying the resulting airflow in my sleeve.  This went on for a few minutes, until I glanced down.  At that moment, I realized that my zippered shirt had come unzipped a few inches sometime during the day, and a corresponding amount of bra and boob was visible thanks to the air flowing up my sleeve.  I looked around, horrified, and nobody met my eye.  I turned and surreptitiously zipped my shirt, feeling a great deal less composed than I had a few seconds earlier.  Embarrassed, I glanced at the rest of the people on the boat.  Everyone remained impassive, staring ahead toward our destination.  Eventually, I regained some composure and stopped thinking about it.

I don't know if I'll ever know if anyone noticed, and I don't think I want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment