My house sits nestled behind a mulberry tree, a pistachio tree, and a mature oak, its rambling width accented by a peaked roof and large bay window. It hunkers down, hidden from the July sun, silently offering shelter and a respite from the blazing heat. It has an air of contentment and patience, and an understated elegance. I felt drawn to the peace and rest within. Recently, prospective buyers came to my house and felt the same way.
We are in the process of closing a chapter in our lives. I did not expect to sell this beautiful home, especially two years after we purchased it. In fact, I would have been content to stay there for a very long time, perhaps into our retirement. It was not to be, and it is time to move on. Now, my beautiful house will shelter another happy family. I imagine that they will enjoy the coolness, the space, and the peace that comes with a well-built home.
It is already beginning to feel like someone else's house. Boxes sit in piles, packed up and ready to go. Many items are listed for sale because we don't want to be bothered with moving large furniture. Most of our day-to-day stuff has already been moved, and we are living at a different location. The house sits partially empty, waiting for a few final items before everything is complete. It won't be left alone for long.
I look forward to the future, and I wish the best of luck to that good house and to the new owners.
No comments:
Post a Comment